How To Choose The Right Window Tint For Your Car?
Do you want to get your car’s windows tinted?
Don’t know which type of tint would be suitable for your car?
Don’t worry!! We are here to help you.
Vehicle window tinting has become an essential part of the car. Some people go for it because of its aesthetics, and some like it for its privacy and protection. So, whatever your reason for window tinting is, choosing the right type of tint is the critical part of vehicle tinting.
Here we have explained the pros and cons of some common types of car window tinting in Singapore. Read on and choose accordingly.
Type Of Car Window Tinting
1. Solar Film Tint
If you want all the benefits of car window tinting but don’t like dark windows, solar film tint is for you. It gives you complete protection against UV rays and also stops heat from entering your car. Moreover, they have a very long life, so you don’t have to replace them every few years.
- Blocks 99% of UV rays.
- Does not darken your window.
- Holds glass shards together in the case of shattering.
- Has a long life.
2. Metallic Film Tint
Next on our list is metallic tint. It has several layers and, unlike solar film tint, it darkens the window along with blocking the UV rays. The first layer is adhesion, which helps it stick to the window. The next layer stops UV rays. After that, a metallic layer is applied that darkens the window and reflects the heat. Finally, a protective layer that protects the window tint from scratches.
- Blocks heat and UV rays.
- Has a long lifespan.
- Can interfere with radio and mobile signals.
- Has a metallic shine.
3. Dyed Film Tint
Dyed film window tints are pretty simple. They only have a dyed film between the adhesion and it only provides you with 5% to 15% protection against UV rays. However, it has a matt finish, which is aesthetically pleasing and is preferred by many people.
- Does not interfere with radio and mobile signals.
- Gives a matt finish look.
- It has a very short life.
- Will discolour after some time.
- Does not provide UV protection.
- Can develop bubbles if not installed properly.
4. Ceramic Film Tint
Ceramic film tint is the latest type of car window tint. It has a ceramic layer that is bonded to the adhesive layer and a top protective layer. When it comes to UV protection, ceramic film tint gives 70% protection against UV rays and heat.
- It is quite effective against UV rays.
- Blocks heat from entering your car.
- Does not fade away quickly like dyed film tint.
- It is not as shiny as a metallic film tint.
- It does not interfere with your mobile and radio signals.
- It is the most expensive type of vehicle window tinting option in Singapore.
5. Carbon Film Tint
If you are looking for a matte-finished look that is also effective against UV rays, then carbon film tint is for you. It has a very unique matte finish and also provides 40% protection against UV rays.
- Gives a unique matte finish that looks better than dyed and metallic film tints.
- Efficient against UV rays.
- Does not block radio and mobile signals like metal film tint.
- Gives insulation against heat.
- It is an expensive option because of the rarity of its materials.
6. Hybrid Tint
The hybrid tint is a cost-effective version of the metallic film. It is a mix of metallic film tint and dyed film tint but is a better version of both. It offers their benefits while minimising their shortcomings.
- Gives 50% to 90% protection against UV rays.
- Doesn’t interfere with mobile and radio signals.
- Less shiny compared to metallic film.
- Has a very slow fading rate compared to dyed film tint.
- It is pricey, but it is less expensive than metallic film tint.
We hope our guide will help you choose the best type of window tint for your car based on its aesthetics, longevity, ability to protect against UV rays, and price. If you need any further information, we are here to help you. Awesome Tints is one of the leading vehicle window tinting companies in Singapore. We have a team of experienced and trained professionals who will not only advise you on the best type of tint for your car based on your needs, but they are also experts in installing vehicle window tints.
So, what are you waiting for? Visit us or call us to book an appointment. We promise our team will provide you with the best vehicle window tinting service in Singapore.